Thursday, July 10, 2008

Communication Woes

One of the worst things about living in a small town, is terrible reception...when contact with the outside world is what you need the most. In the month that we have had service, I don't think a day has gone by when our internet has consistently worked. Our home phone has had static so bad, that I've had to hang up w/people & call them back on my cell phone. Then, unfortunately, unless I was sitting outside in 100 dg heat, my calls would frequently be dropped.

All this to say, I think we are finally in a much better place for communication w/everyone!!! Verizon came out once again yesterday, and hopefully everything is fixed (except the cell). No more static & the internet works!!! I did learn that there is only ONE Verizon tower in Ridgecrest & it is all the way on the complete opposite end of town. They are planning to put another one in closer to this end of town...but don't know the time frame on that. In the meantime, I'll just continue to make calls when I head into town (closer to the tower) :)

1 comment:

ragamuffinminister said...

yay for blogs. it's going to be really cool to see updated pics of the fam and west-ern life.